1. Allow 30 – 60 minutes for each meal.
2. Aim for 30 chews for each bite, chewing thoroughly to mush.
3. Take smaller bites.
4. Savor each bite, noting its taste, flavor, and texture.
5. Sit down and be focused on eating, not other activities where you can become distracted.
6. Stop eating as soon as you feel full.
7. Do not eat and drink at the same time.
It takes 20 minutes before your brain realizes it full. That means the amount of calories consumed before you begin to feel full can vary a great deal depending on how quickly you eat.
Eat slowly, savour your food and enjoy it.